The moral obligation not to be eaten

[This post is labeled בבל, meaning it's especially experimental. See: בבל disclaimer]

If someone or something is eating you, this is a problem.

It may seem strange to think that this even needs to be said. Surely. Surely, everyone wishes to not be eaten? And so would already agree that if, contrary to that wish, ze is being eaten, this is a problem?

But yes, it needs to be said:

How many have told themselves: "The one dining on me is misguided, truly, yes, but ze is good of heart. Ze expects to dine on me, and I wouldn't want to disappoint. I can bear this; my flesh regenerates, incompletely maybe, but still, I can bear it. In the future, I'll avoid getting into such a situation, but with zer in particular I'm already here."

How many have advised their friend: "Those dining on you are despicable, yes, but there is nothing you can do, for now. If you dismount the dining table, they will hunt you! It would be better to bide your time and survive, for now. For now, be eaten, a little."

How many have unconsciously unreasoned: "This thing, it's eating me. But, it's also eating everyone else, and they seem fine. If I deviate, I'll be outcast; and being eaten is not that bad, or at least maybe I'm wrong about how bad it is given everyone else's behavior; it's probably my fault anyway, there's something wrong with me for not wanting to be eaten in this way, I should accept and be at peace with it."

Toward such people, we could take an attitude of pity. They are hurting themselves, and that is sad, and we could help them if we so deign and if they even want help. But they seem to be happy, or at least, that's how they usually are, so hey, they're only hurting themselves, and that's their prerogative——they can do with themselves as they wish.

No! You have an obligation not to be eaten! If you feed yourself to a troll, the troll lives one more week, which gives him the ability to eat other people. By feeding yourself to a troll, you're causing other people to be eaten. It's not just you. It's immoral to feed yourself to someone or something that eats people.